Whitehall, Michigan Waterfront…
here for area listings.
Whitehall is a city in Muskegon County in the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 2,884 at the 2000 census. The city is located in the southwest corner of Whitehall Township. Montague, Michigan is its neighbor.
It is located on White Lake (actually the mouth of the White River on Lake Michigan). Whitehall's recorded history began around 1859 when Charles Mears, a noted lumber baron to the area, platted the village along with Giles B. Slocum, naming it Mears. The population continued to grow due to its strategic location for floating and distributing lumber.
In 1862, it was renamed Whitehall and incorporated as the Village of Whitehall in 1867. It later was incorporated as a city in 1942. Wikipedia
Town of Whitehall