Bridgman, Michigan Waterfront…
here for area listings.
Lake Township's first settler was John Harner in 1834. Thomas Phillips farmed in the northeast area of the Township starting in 1836. 1839 saw the arrival of Henry Lemon. Oronoko was separated from Lake Township in 1846.
Lumbering was the first commercial interest and was made possible due to the water power and ample forests of the area. Many sawmills were soon built in the township. Of these mills, the Charlottesville Lumber Company of 1856 was the largest. The founders included Charles & Warren Howe and George Bridgman.
Town of Bridgman